|CTEVT\NSTB Level I||4-6 Months|
|Day : 7:30 AM – 10:30 PM||Fall & Spring 2023|
A Commercial cooking / Baking Course oversees cooking on a large scale, such as in a Hotel, Motel, restaurant, cafeteria or diner. They prepare meals and ensure that health regulations are followed. There is no formal education requirements for this career.
This course is accredited by The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) It is also designed to produce a basic/entry level technical workforce in the field of cooking equipped with skills, knowledge and attitudes related to commercial cooking/baking in order to meet the demand of such workforce. This course covers hotel cooking and Baking.
The aim of this course is to produce a skilled workforce to fulfill the requirement of Star hotel and restaurant standards to work as a professional Cook and Baker.
- To upgrade existing skill and knowledge of professional cook and Baker
- To fulfill the demand of a professional cook and Baker.
Ideal Program for:
- Under 10, SEE/SLC, +2, BBS, BBA level cleared students planning for a professional career
- Willing to work in the cookery industry around the globe
- Grade 8 Graduates or above (from any stream)
- Pass Skill Campus entrance test and interview.
- Must be willing to study and work hard
- Must have functional English language proficiency
- General Introduction to kitchen
- Knife skills
- Hot & cold Beverage Preparation
- Breakfast Items Preparation
- Soup sauces and Gravy Preparation
- Main Course Preparation
- Desserts Preparation
- Garnish Preparation
- Snakes Preparation
- Salad Preparation
- Bread Making
- Sweet yeast Preparation
- Pastry Short and Puff Pastry
- Cake making
- Restaurant operation and Kitchen control
- *On the Job Training