|CTEVT\NSTB Level II|
6 Months Internship
|Day : 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM||Spring 2023|
A professional cook oversees cooking on a large scale, such as in a Hotel, Motel, restaurant, cafeteria or diner. They prepare meals and ensure that health regulations are followed. There is no formal education requirements for this career.
Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded as Professional Cook Commis-II (Level Two) Certificate from NSTB. The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazette 2nd class (technical) on cooking staff prescribed by the Public Service Commission of Nepal.
- To introduce students to the basic skills of the culinary sector, grooming them to become competent food production professionals.
- To inculcate in students entrepreneurial skills to enable them to become independent service providers in the sector.
- To acquaint students with the latest trends and practices in the hotel and hospitality industry.
Ideal Program for:
- SEE/SLC, +2, BBS, BBA level cleared students planning for a professional career
- Willing to work in the cookery industry around the globe
- SLC/SEE Graduates or above (from any stream)
- Pass Skill Campus entrance test and interview.
- Must be willing to study and work hard
- Must have functional English language proficiency
Customer Service, Safety, & Practical Training
- Hospitality Industries
- Hygiene, HACCP and Food Safety
- Food purchasing
- Customer service
- Knife skills
- Cooking techniques and methods
- Proper food seasoning
- Food portioning
- Ethnic cuisines
- International cuisines
- Banquet and catering service
- Plating and presentation
- Kitchen tools and equipment
- Menu planning and costing.
- Kitchen management
- Inventory management and food storage
- Forms and Formats