|Approved, Regulated & Certified by||Duration||Class Timing||Intake|
Itahari Sub-metropolitan City Office of Municipal Executive Government of Nepal
12 months face-to-face learning at College and minimum of 6 months internship in star hotels
Morning : 7:00AM - 11:00AM Day : 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Fall 2022 Spring 2023
The Program “Diploma in Hospitality Management” is Hospitality Qualifications developed by Skill Campus which is Approved, Regulated & Certified by Itahari Sub-Metropolitan City Office of Municipal Executive, Government of Nepal.
The diploma program focuses on the personal and professional development of learners’ thinking skills, communications skills and interpersonal skills with extensive practical knowledge and on-the-job work experience with breadth and depth of required skills, knowledge and attributes to prepare learners for a career in the hospitality business.
Successful completion of this qualification will provide a pathway to work in the tourism and hospitality industry as a departmental manager or small business manager and/ or to access higher education. This qualification allows for multi skilling and specialization in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and tourism. The diversity of employers include hotels, motels, airlines, cruise ships, catering operations, clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafes.
Aims of the Qualification
The Diploma focuses on the supervisory aspects of the hospitality industry.
- To provide learners with a challenging qualification covering the core disciplines of management at a supervisory level within the hospitality industry.
- To enable learners to apply current knowledge of hospitality management concepts and theories.
- To provide learners with the tools and terminology necessary to understand how to Supervise teams in a hospitality environment.
- To enable learners to make informed and confident decisions regarding the areas that they may supervise.
- To give learners the ability to enable them to manage their personal and professional development.
- To understand the customer’s needs and expectations and provide them with delightful service.
- To develop a positive attitude towards service and build self-confidence to handle different situations.
- To have an orientation on the international standard of customer service
- To provide opportunities for learners to develop the necessary skills and competencies to move on to further study or employment.
The prospective students have to go through the following steps for admission:
- SLC/SEE passed with a minimum D grade in each subject
- +2 appeared or passed
- Must have functional English language proficiency
- Must be willing to study and work hard
- Visit the college/ call the admission office
- Get detailed information about the college and course
- Duly fill out and submit the application form.
- Pass the Skill Campus entrance test and interview.
Term – I
English for Hospitality I
Introduction of Hospitality
Food and Beverage Service I
Food Production and Patisseries I
Sales and Salesmanship
Term – II
English for Hospitality II
Food and Beverage Service II
Food Production and Patisseries II
Front Office Operations
Accounting for Hospitality
Term – III
Internship & Project Work
Total Credit Hours