American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institite
Day : 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
The Certificate in Culinary Arts program is a 6-month intensive cookery program certified in Food production Principles in association with American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI). This qualification attests to the graduate’s competence to assume any of the following entry-level positions in the industry: Commis I, II, and III, Pastry Cook, Hot-Kitchen Cook, Pantry Worker, Cold-Kitchen Cook/Garde Manger, and Saucier.
Through instructive demonstrations and intensive hands-on training, complemented by lectures on theories, learners are equipped with the fundamental skills and techniques of various cooking methods, including international cuisine, i.e. Asian, European, and American. Learners are honed in the classroom laboratory for six months, after which they may undergo two months of internship training in the actual hospitality workplace, where they apply the knowledge and skills gained in class, enhance their culinary skills and gain actual industry experience in the hospitality workplace.
AHLEI courses are designed to teach and train you in the culinary arts through a tri-level approach of lecture, demo, and hands-on kitchen work.
IDEAL PROGRAMME FOR:
- SEE/SLC, +2, BBS, BBA level cleared students planning for a professional career
- Willing to work in the cookery industry.
- Those wanting to get employment or migration visa opportunities to Australia, Canada, and American/European Cruise ships.
- SLC/SEE Graduates or above (from any stream)
- Pass the Skill Campus entrance test and interview.
- Must be willing to study and work hard
- Must have functional English language proficiency
- Introduction to Professional Kitchen
- Product/equipment Identification
- Menu Planning
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Workplace Health Safety
- Knife Skills
- Butchery & Fish Mongerie
- Stocks, soups, and Starches
- Cooking Methods
- Breakfast Cookery
- Asian Cuisine
- European Cuisine
- American Cuisine
- Bakery and Cakes
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Self