|Approved, Regulated & Certified by
Itahari Sub-metropolitan City
Office of Municipal Executive
Government of Nepal
12 months face-to-face learning at College and minimum of 6 months internship in star hotels
Morning : 7:00AM-11:00AM
Day : 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
The Program “Diploma in Hospitality Management” is a Hospitality Qualification developed by Skill Campus which is Approved, Regulated & Certified by the Itahari Sub-Metropolitan City Office of Municipal Executive, Government of Nepal.
The diploma program focuses on the personal and professional development of learners’ thinking skills, communications skills, and interpersonal skills with extensive practical knowledge and on-the-job work experience with breadth and depth of required skills, knowledge, and attributes to prepare learners for a career in the hospitality business.
Successful completion of this qualification will provide a pathway to work in the tourism and hospitality industry as a departmental manager or small business manager and/ or to access higher education. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and specialization in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage, and tourism. The diversity of employers includes hotels, motels, airlines, cruise ships, catering operations, clubs, pubs, restaurants, and cafes.
AIMS OF THE QUALIFICATION
The Diploma focuses on the supervisory aspects of the hospitality industry.
- To provide learners with a challenging qualification covering the core disciplines of management at a supervisory level within the hospitality industry.
- To enable learners to apply current knowledge of hospitality management concepts and theories.
- To provide learners with the tools and terminology necessary to understand how to Supervise teams in a hospitality environment.
- To enable learners to make informed and confident decisions regarding the areas that they may supervise.
- To give learners the ability to enable them to manage their personal and professional development.
- To understand the customer’s needs and expectations and provide them with delightful service.
- To develop a positive attitude towards service and build self-confidence to handle different situations.
- To have an orientation on the international standard of customer service
- To provide opportunities for learners to develop the necessary skills and competencies to move on to further study or employment.
- SLC/SEE passed with a minimum D grade in each subject
- +2 appeared or passed
- Must have functional English language proficiency
- Must be willing to study and work hard
The prospective students have to go through the following steps for admission:
- Visit the college/ call the admission office
- Get detailed information about the college and course
- Duly fill out and submit the application form.
- Pass the Skill Campus entrance test and interview.
- Communication for Hospitality
- The competency in Hospitality
- Use of information in hospitality Industry
- Leading & Managing people for Hospitality
- Manage Conflict
- Manage & Enhance quality customer service
- Workplace health and safety
- Hygienic & Grooming practices for hospitality Industry
- Work effectively in hospitality
- Report on financial activity
- Kitchen Operation Management
- Design and cost menus
- Store Management
- Health, Safety and Food safety Practices
- International Gastronomy
- Diet and Nutrition
- Prepare dishes using methods of cooking
- Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- Prepare appetisers and salads
- Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- Techniques Meat, Poultry and sea foods
- Prepare Hot & Cold Dessert
- Creative Patisserie and Artisan Bakery
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
Food & Beverage Service
- Managing Food & Beverage Operations
- Menu Development, Planning and Design
- Provide Breakfast service, Table service and In-room Dining Service
- Managing Bar & Barista Operations
- Prepare and service Espresso based coffee
- Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Service of Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Advise and serve wine
- Planning & Managing Events
Accommodation Service -Front office & Housekeeping
- Guest Service
- Computerized booking system
- Revenue Management
- Managing Housekeeping services
- Providing Uniformed service
Salesmanship & Reporting
- Digital Marketing
- Hospitality Marketing Essentials
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Preparing Reports and presentation
Internship, Research & Project
|Term – I|
|English for Hospitality I||
|Introduction of Hospitality||
|Food and Beverage Service I||
|Food Production and Patisseries I||
|Sales and Salesmanship||
|Term – II|
|English for Hospitality II||
|Food and Beverage Service II||
|Food Production and Patisseries II||
|Front Office Operations||
|Accounting for Hospitality||
|Term – III|
|Internship & Project Work||
Total Credit Hours
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 18 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes